Translate

Friday, May 26, 2017

Breaking Up with Writer's Block

 "Write a letter breaking up with your Writer's Block."
---

Dear Writer's Block,

It's probably underhanded to do this in a letter. You deserve better from me, but this is the best I can give you. I really want you to know that it's not you, it's me.

I know we've been together for such a long time, but it's just not working for me. I feel stifled - I need some space to try my own thing.

I'm really sorry to do this to you. We had a good run. I hate to hurt you over something so silly. Sometimes I felt like you didn't understand my need to increase my wordcount. I'm sure sometimes you felt I didn't understand your need for my complete attention. We just weren't very well matched.

I want you to go find someone who's a better fit for you. You're really nice when you try. I'm sure you'll find someone new.

I suppose that this is goodbye, then.

Wishing you all the best,
Elle

3 comments:

  1. Dear Writer's block,
    I'm sorry it's come to this, but I've decided to run a force un-install to remove you from my desk/computer. It was difficult, you rather like your perch, but it was probably best for both of us.

    I wish you well on your solo flight.
    *flings block into the air, and it lands, splash! in a well*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a well? Wow. That breakup didn't end well for WB did it?

      Delete
  2. I guess I was in a sadistic mood. :P But he's been hanging around for a while, just...sitting there. He keeps staring at me, it was freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete