Translate

Friday, May 19, 2017

Rejection Rejection

"Most of us have received a rejection letter at one time or another. Write a rejection letter to a rejection letter, explaining why you find it unsatisfactory."

---

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your kind attention to my submission to All Things You Need To Know for the October issue. While I am grateful for your quick reply, I'm afraid that you may not have read the poem in question. You referred to there being "no need at this time for ballads about insects," when clearly Ode to a Slug is neither a ballad, nor is it concerned with insects.

This being the case, I'm sure if you give Ode to a Slug a close reading (preferably after 9 PM and half a glass of red wine) you'll see that it really does fit well with your October theme for All Things You Need To Know, "Mysteries of Time."

I hope this read-through will help you see the true beauty of Ode to a Slug, as I do.

Awaiting your reply,
A. Clement

2 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon *hic* Sable,

    While I appreciate your kind rejection letter as wheelman for your heist, I believe you should reconsider.

    You mentioned in your previous letter, you picked Al, as he has more experience, and is less of a "loose cannon". In point of fact, I am the best candidate for your little operation and you know it. Besides, my air speeder holds the top record of the 2093 built racers, and I have never lost a speeder-racing competition that I haven't crashed on. *hic* As for me being a loose cannon, isn't your team already full of them? I would fit right in!

    Now come on, lets see if you don't reconsider. Besides, your other choice may be deemed "unfit" for duty after we finish our little drinking game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* Excellent. Rejection as a getaway driver. Love it.

      Delete